A fun day out in Okutama! White water rafting on the upper reaches of the Tama river followed by a short riverside hike and a visit to a beautiful riverside sake brewery.
This Trip Features:
- White water rafting in beautiful Okutama!
- Easy day trip - just over 1hr direct train from Tokyo
- Short riverside hike
- Visit to the local riverside Sake Brewery
Rafting in Japan is one of the most fun and exciting ways to escape the city, spend time outdoors and refresh yourself in beautiful natural surroundings. You dont need any previous experience and all equipment is provided.
During our Okutama rafting trips we meet at Mitake Station (90min direct train from Shinjuku) and walk together along the river to the rafting base. After getting changed and equipped we spend the morning heading down stream on the rafts, battling the rapids along the way! Its six people per raft so its also a great way to meet people as you work together to master the river. After a fun morning on the river we take a short riverside stroll to the local sake brewery where we can have lunch by the river and try some of the fantastic local rice wine on offer. There is also the option to visit one of the local hot springs as well before heading back to Tokyo.
2017 Apr 16 (Sunday)
- 9:00 Meet at Mitake Station in Okutama (70min & 920yen from Shinjuku). Walk to the rafting base centre.
- 9:00 ~ 12:00 White water rafting in Okutama! learn basic techniques. Battle the rapids!
- 12:00 ~ 15:30 Short riverside hike to the local sake brewery. Lunch by the river. The brewery features beautiful gardens, restaurant, sake tasting and more. A great way to spend the afternoon relaxing by the river!
- 15:30 onwards Head to the local onsen (optional) before heading home.
Price and Booking
- Okutama, Tokyo
- 6 hours
- Apr 16th
- Mitake Station