Fuji view boat cruise, explore an ice cave, visit a local craft beer brewery, winery tour & tastings plus optional mountain-top hot spring to finish.
This Trip Features:
- Fuji View Lake Kawaguchiko Cruise
- Visit to Ice Cave
- Visit local beer brewery
- Visit two wineries. Winery tour & tastings.
- Mountain-top onsen with great views
Only a two hour drive from Shinjuku lies the beautiful Lake Kawaguchi where we will be making our first stop of the day. Boarding the boat we will cruise the lake taking in the incredible up-close views of Mt. Fuji. It doesnt get much more photogenic than this!! After the boat cruise we will head down the road for a visit to the local Ice Cave. The temperature in the cave is so low that there are icicles and ice blocks all year round. From the cave we will take the bus 15min down the road to the local beer brewery where we can have lunch and sample the fine ales that the region produces.
After leaving the local brewery we will head to the Katsunuma wine region of Yamanashi. This area is home to literally hundreds or wineries and vineyards of all shapes and sizes. We will be stopping at two wineries to sample the local wines. The final winery that we will visit is positioned half way up the mountain side and overlooks the valley. This winery has a huge cellar which has over 180 varieties of local wines on offer for tasting. The winery also features a great hot spring overlooking the valley - the perfect way to finish up the day!
2017 Apr 22 (Saturday)
- 7:00am ~ 09:30am Meet in Shinjuku. Get on the bus. Depart Shinjuku. Stop for a rest/snack break along the way.
- 9:30 ~ 10:30am Lake Kawaguchi boat cruise. Close up views of Mt Fuji from the lake.
- 10:30 ~ 11:30 Visit the local Ice Cave
- 11:30 ~ 13:30 Visit the local beer brewery. Lunch at the brewery.
- 13:30 ~ 17:00 Visit two local wineries. Winery tour and tastings. Optional all you can drink wine cellar or onsen at the final winery.
- 17:00 ~ 19:30 Bus back to Shinjuku
Onsen at the final winery (600yen pay on the day)
All you can drink wine cellar at the final winery (1100yen pay on the day)
Price and Booking
- Kawaguchiko, Kanagawa
- Craft Beer, Culture, Onsen (Hot Springs)
- 12 hours
- Apr 22nd